Friday, December 5, 2014

Freedom Writers



The movie "Freedom Writers", I learned to not judge people so fast and know how to reach out to them. All people are the same even if they come from different races.

I agree with Erin Gruwell when she said “I have always been taught to be proud of being Latina, proud of being Mexican, and I was. I was probably more proud of being a "label" than of being a human being, that's the way most of us were taught". We people are sometimes judged not as humans but as a member of a race, we are judged for what our race are good at and by the bad things "we" have done. Racism is always been a part of society. We must believe and follow another statement Gruwell said “Don't let the actions of a few determine the way you feel about an entire group. Remember, not all German's were Nazis.” By this she simply taught that racism is not the way to judge people.


I was also moved by the way Ms. Gruwell persevered in teaching her students. Even if at first the students take interest only at their gang, their turfs, she worked hard and got them interested in academics. Her perseverance inspired me to work hard in my studies even if it poses hard tasks.












1 comment:

  1. Do you not have anything to share about your life experiences and their relation or connection to the movie?

    ReplyDelete